Hello, lovelies and happy Monday! I hope you all had amazing weekend! Let’s kick off the new week with these easy and yummy vegan carob banana popsicles.
As summer temperatures rise, pops are perfect summer treats to keep you cool in the heat. So one day I decided to surprise my two monkeys with these insanely tasty homemade pops. In fact, that was my fist attempt at popsicle-making. I made them with banana, but instead of cocoa I used carob, so the pops were absolutely healthy and kid friendly. I topped these summer beauties with carob cream, hemp seeds and these cute and super healthy homegrown sea buckthorn berries. My hubby’s parents grow them in their garden and we have lots of them in the fridge.
To be honest the whole process was so much fun! And the best part were the happy smiley faces of the kiddos : ) After this success, I made some watermelon coconut popsicles and melon banana pops, both of them amazingly tasty. With a little imagination and all the lovely summer fruits, you can make your monkeys absolutely happy : )
Ingredients for Easy kid friendly carob banana popsicles:
3 large ripe bananas
1/4 cup medjool dates (pitted)
1/3 cup soaked cashews
2 tbsp. carob powder
For the carob cream:
2 tbsp. sesame tahini
1 tsp. carob powder
agave nectar (or maple syrup) to taste
Instructions for Easy kid friendly carob banana popsicles:
- Soak cashews for about 2 – 3 hours.
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds with sticks and freeze for about 4-5 hours.
- For the carob cream: process sesame tahini, carob powder, agave nectar and rice milk until smooth.
- When carob banana popsicles are ready, top them with yummy carob cream, hemp seeds and some lovely berries.
Wishing you a gorgeous new week, my friends!
Photo credit: My Cosy Retreat ©